08 May Join the team
Mercy Ships UK is seeking a Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe) to join the team in our Stevenage office.
We are looking for a passionate recruiter to join our Human Resources team as we seek to strengthen technical recruitment in Europe for Mercy Ships.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources (Europe), the Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe) will be responsible for recruiting qualified technical volunteers across Europe to include marine professionals, developing a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic recruiter to use their skills and experience to make a positive impact on the lives of those in need.
- Create and implement marketing strategies to attract passionate and active volunteers.
- Build and evaluate applicant sources by researching and contacting professional associations, trade schools, organisations and internet sites; providing information regarding Mercy Ships opportunities; establishing partnerships; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Develop an extensive network of potential European candidates via myMercy, social media, industry contacts, association memberships, and trade groups etc.
- Find qualified European candidates, according to relevant job criteria, using online tools and resources, cold calls, staff/crew referrals, etc.
- Work with the European National Offices to develop and implement national technical recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative technical recruiting ideas.
- Promote Mercy Ships through conferences, job fairs, university events, and seminars; write event reports and follow up with leads.
- Maintain routine contact with potential European candidates through myMercy, vacancy notifications, newsletters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Coordinate and implement seed-planting initiatives through college career centres, academic departments and student groups.
- Research advertising venues such as magazines, professional journals, and websites; developing effective ads and job postings; placing approved advertisements accordingly and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Follow up with candidates as needed.
- Other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
- Post holder will actively follow Mercy Ships UK policies.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of data mining and internet research for the purpose of finding candidates from all sources.
- Able to determine and develop the most efficient sourcing method for different candidates, maximising ‘sourcing dollars’ and reducing time-to-hire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to quickly build rapport via phone and email for candidate contact.
- An ability to organise work and embrace and participate in a well-functioning, productive, creative and collegial team.
- High aptitude for computer applications such as word processing, spread sheets and databases.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Recruiting experience
- Some maritime industry knowledge including licensing and structure.
- Ability to speak a European language.
If you are interested in joining us in transforming the lives of the forgotten poor then we want to hear from you.
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Title: Volunteer Recruitment Manager (Europe)
Location: Stevenage, SG1 with some foreign travel.
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £33,000 – £37,000 per annum plus benefits
To apply, click on the button below.Apply now